NEXT is Regulatory and Education Solutions
McKesson offers clinical support resources, product expertise, in-services and webcasts to help train your staff. Our exclusive training software and online courses are designed specifically for long term care facilities. The regulatory and education solutions we offer will provide you with the tools you need to help enhance the quality of resident care and reduce costs.
PointRight® Rehospitalization Solutions
We understand your commitment to quality patient care and the need to reduce unnecessary rehospitalization. That’s why we’ve teamed up with PointRight® to offer you solutions that can help you manage and understand the issue of rehospitalization in a simple and streamlined manner. With PointRight services you can Predict, Analyze and Compare while enjoying reduced pricing available for McKesson customers.
With a rehospitalization metric that has been adopted by AHCA, PointRight’s OnPoint-30 tool can help you easily identify, trend and analyze rehospitalization cases so you can find opportunities for improvement at your facility.
Combined with analytics packages and other tools, PointRight offers you:
- Predictive analysis and reporting to help you better understand rehospitalization risks and opportunities for your facility
- A Data Integrity Audit to help guide you on MDS submissions
- Reporting and analytics that can help you understand how to better use and manage your staff per CMS quality standards
For more details and to learn about other PointRight services offered exclusively to McKesson Medical-Surgical Minnesota Supply Inc. customers, contact your McKesson Medical-Surgical Account Manager today.
You Need QIS Confidence and We’ve Got You Covered
You deserve the chance to assess, correct and eliminate problems before the CMS surveyor arrives. This is what our QIS Wizard tool allows.
The Quality Indicator Survey, or QIS, is a two-stage CMS survey process measuring long term care facilities’ success in meeting federal quality requirements.
Rely on McKesson to guide you through the QIS training process with our industry-leading QIS tool. You’ll practice with real QIS survey forms using the same questions a CMS survey agent will use. By getting you prepared before the formal CMS QIS Survey begins, QIS Wizard can help you master Stage 1 and avoid Stage 2 altogether.Gives you the diagnosis and the cure!
- QIS Wizard is the solution that helps identify problems and provides staff with training to effectively remediate those problems
- It helps facilities address quality assurance issues they may be facing
- QIS Wizard uses the same questions, processes and thresholds that the CMS surveyor will use
- QIS Wizard runs locally on a laptop—avoiding frustrating data loss due to interrupted network connections
- No one sees private resident data except those authorized by the facility
- With QIS Wizard, staff can get started in no time!
- Lessons to train staff on fixing QIS shortfalls
- Complete surveys for up to 200 residents at once!
- Robust reporting tools that let you drill down into problem areas
Whether you’re preparing for the QIS rollout or even if you’ve already been affected, our QIS education resources are an excellent QA/QI resident satisfaction tool.
McKesson through Healthcare Academy
Keep Your Staff “In the Know” by Providing Them with Some of Our Educational Offerings
McKesson, through HCA, offers a full suite of lessons and curriculums for long term care facilities.
Complete offering includes:
- Library of Lessons
- QIS Wizard
- MDS Pro23
Deliver your own 75-hour CNA course. The program includes online content, discussion and tab materials, and competency checklists. There is also a 16-hour online and supervised practical training curriculum to be used prior to any direct contact with a resident.Learning Management System (LMS)
Eliminate the need to manually document training with this easy-to-use, internet-based system.
- Assign lessons
- Manage learner data
- Test and score learner competency
- Access transcripts at a glance
- Run reports
Adaptive Learning Pathway (ALP)
Demonstrate and document competency using ALP, HCA’s proprietary tool for supporting adult learning principles. This tool has been designed to help you easily recognize staff competency.
Customize curriculums to meet your specific needs using Microsoft Office.
Boyer & Associates
McKesson offers more than just technology solutions, we offer you an expert. McKesson has partnered with Boyer & Associates to provide you with valuable training consultative services when using McKesson Supply iQ℠ and QIS Wizard.
With more than 30 years of experience, Patricia J. Boyer, MSM, RN, NHA and President of Boyer & Associates, LLC, has developed expertise with long term care and sub-acute operations, state and federal compliance programs and performance improvement process development. She has extensive experience evaluating facility processes and documentation systems, and developing performance improvement plans, and is regarded nationally as an expert in this field.
Boyer & Associates offers not only training for you and your employees, but analysis of clinical needs and outcomes, and interpretation of financial data. Fees will apply for these services.
Learn MDS 3.0 the easy way. Your way.
Get ready for MDS 3.0 with our personal e-trainer
MDS Pro23 makes it easy for long term care facilities to prepare for the changes to the Minimum Data Set. Through more than 23 simple and interactive lessons, we give your staff the training they need to adopt MDS 3.0 with confidence – so you can turn this challenge into an opportunity for greater care.Master the MDS changes in 4 easy steps:
- EDUCATE. Find out what’s new in MDS 3.0. It all starts with understanding how the new system is different. Learn who needs to be trained, how these changes affect your facility and how it can help in the long run.
- TRAIN. Practice with step-by-step coding instructions. Easy-to-follow coding lessons help you implement the new changes correctly and efficiently. Move at your own pace or revisit old lessons. Do it your way.
- APPLY. See how you perform with real-life examples. Each lesson includes case study exercises to apply your knowledge in examples of real situations – so you can feel confident when it really counts.
- CONFIRM. Get approved as an MDS 3.0 pro. Test your knowledge with quizzes that reinforce what you’ve learned and ensure you are properly trained and qualified to begin implementing the new changes.
Learn on your own terms
MDS Pro23 is completely web-based, which means you can train anywhere at any time. Learn on your own or together as a team. Go at your own pace or revisit completed lessons. Let new hires train at home so they're prepared before they start. And because your entire staff learns from the same program, you can rest assured that everyone is on the same page.
Knowledge is Power: Make Sure You Know About the New MDS 3.0
Knowing what changes with MDS 3.0 is the first step. MDS 3.0 is a series of scripted interviews centered around the residents’ cognition, activity, personal preferences and pain. Through these scripted interviews, you can learn about the residents’ needs and wants, which will in turn help you enhance the quality of their care.
MDS Pro23 is designed to help long term care facilities understand MDS 3.0. It provides all the training you need to prepare in 23 interactive, online lessons to improve processes and help ensure a smooth transition to the new assessment system.
We’re here to help you enhance patient care, reduce costs and streamline your operations.